We are playing with the idea of submitting Lviv as a possible city for the Drupal Dev Days in 2016. Would you be interested in possibly helping out?
Last week, at Drupal Dev Days Montpellier, we played with the idea of organizing next year's edition in Lviv, because I think we can all agree it's an amazing city. During the BoF on Saturday morning the process of organizing the DDD was explained by organizers from previous editions. What needs to happen, in short:
- Every team writes a proposal for a city that includes detailed information on how they want to organize the event. This includes travel to the city, accommodation, how expensive the city is, the venue, and catering.
- All proposals must be submitted before June 30, 2015.
- After 2-3 weeks, a proposal is chosen.
- The official announcement takes place at DrupalCon Barcelona.
- Then the 'local' team starts organizing and marketing the event.
You are not obligated to do anything yet. Until the proposal is accepted, we are also not required to organize the event.
If you are interested in the idea of helping to work on the proposal for Lviv you can join the Skype call to discuss the possibilities.
Please indicate when you are available for the initial Skype call here http://doodle.com/vr6pyqr2tmz9m4u7.
If you know anyone else who would be interested, please share this post with them.
From original email by Bart Feenstra (Xano)